DeciBio conducted ~11 interviews with medical oncologists and biopharma executives to understand how minimal residual disease (MRD) testing and ctDNA monitoring are currently integrated into solid tumor care. Key themes discussed include overviews of which indications have the most MRD/monitoring clinical utility, top selection criteria for ctDNA assays, feedback related to assay vendors, and drivers / moderators relevant to increased use.This report provides a qualitative summary of these interviews. In response to each key interview question, DeciBio provides several condensed takeaways and a curated list of quotes indicative of stakeholder feedback.
This report is organized around the responses to 15 key study questions
- How is MRD / monitoring testing implemented clinically today?
- Which indications currently have the most MRD clinical utility and how has test adoption impacted patient care?
- Which indications currently have the most ctDNA monitoring clinical utility and how has test adoption impacted patient care?
- What is the clinical utility of MRD / monitoring tests today on a scale of 1-5 (1 =very low utility, 5 = very high utility)?
- Which test features /characteristics are most important when selecting an MRD assay?
- Which test features /characteristics are most important when selecting a ctDNA monitoring assay?
- What are the top 5 selection criteria you evaluate when selecting an MRD or ctDNA monitoring assay?
- What do you see as key differentiating features for MRD / Monitoring today tests today?
- What are the top pain points associated with MRD testing today and what has been your experience adopting this technology?
- What are the top pain points associated with ctDNA monitoring tests today and what has been your experience adopting this technology?
- What do you believe are the optimal solutions to current ctDNA MRD/ monitoring pain points?
- Do you have a preference between tumor-informed vs tumor-agnostic approaches?
- Which ctDNA MRD / monitoring assay vendors are you most familiar with?
- What are the strengths / weaknesses across each of the MRD / monitoring vendors you have used?
- Do you expect any changes to the vendors you use for ctDNA MRD / monitoring over the next ~12 months?
- Foundation Medicine
- Guardant Health
- Invitae / ArcherDx
- NeoGenomics / Inivata
This advisory board is meant to be a qualitative, limited scope study, and the intent is to highlight the unbiased and unfiltered feedback just from the stakeholders interviewed, not provide a comprehensive market assessment. DeciBio also has a suite of comprehensive market reports (Link Here) if broader industry level insights are of interest.