Advanced & Next-Gen Proteomics Ad Board
DeciBio conducted 10 interviews with academic researchers and biopharma executives to explore how advanced and next-generation proteomics tools (e.g. high plex, high sensitivity, hypothesis-free) have been adopted into research efforts today. Many of these tools enable applications that far surpass the capabilities of ELISA and blotting methods, and stakeholders were asked to comment on the key use cases pursued with these newer technologies, rank top assay selection criteria, and provide feedback on assay providers / test vendors. The technologies discussed span many technical classes, (antibody, aptamer, protein sequencing) collectively called 'Next Generation Proteomics' (NGP), and this report provides a qualitative summary of these interviews. In response to each key interview question, DeciBio provides several condensed takeaways and a curated list of quotes indicative of stakeholder feedback.
This report is organized around the responses to 9 key study questions
- What is your definition of Next Generation Proteomics?
- What are the top three applications you apply Next Generation Proteomics towards?
- What are the top 5 selection criteria you evaluate when selecting a Biomarker Discovery / Metabolomics / Ultra-sensitive ELISA assay?
- What test features / characteristics are most important when selecting an NGP assay?
- What are the top pain points associated with NGP assays today and what has been your experience adopting this tech?
- How does NGP fit into the broader research ecosystem?
- Please describe the role of bioinformatics in supporting NGP?
- Which NGP assay vendors are you most familiar with?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of different NGP vendors?
- Standard Biotools