Precision Medicine Opportunities in Women’s Health Ad Board
DeciBio conducted 11 interviews with OB/GYNs and KOLs in biotech / VC / pharma to explore opportunities for precision medicine in women’s health. Women’s Health applications discussed in this Ad Board include endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), pregnancy complications (e.g., preeclampsia, preterm birth, recurrent pregnancy loss), perinatal testing (e.g., NIPT), fertility, perinatal conditions (e.g., postpartum depression / PPD, gestational diabetes mellitus / GDM), artificial conception (e.g., in vitro fertilization / IVF, AI imaging tools, endometrial receptivity analysis / ERA, preimplantation genetic testing / PGT), menopause, vaginal microbiome, contraceptives, and menstrual health. Oncology is excluded from the scope of this Ad Board. Molecular and non-molecular modalities (e.g., genomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, digital health, AI / imaging) as well as multiple verticals (e.g., diagnostics, prognostics, screening, monitoring, therapeutics / treatment) are discussed. This report provides a qualitative summary of these interviews and in response to each key interview question, DeciBio provides several condensed takeaways and a curated list of quotes indicative of stakeholder feedback.
This report is organized around the responses to 8 key study questions
- How do you define precision medicine in women’s health?
- How is precision medicine in women’s health implemented clinically today?
- What are the key challenges / unmet needs in women’s health overall?
- Which applications have the most significant unmet needs?
- Which applications have the greatest likelihood / expected activity for precision medicine innovation in the next 1-2 years?
- What might a “winning” precision medicine solution look like in the women’s health space?
- Who are the key emerging players in this space?
- How do you expect the landscape to evolve in the next 1-2 years?
- What are the key trends and drivers and moderators for innovation / growth in this space?
- Where do you anticipate investment to be prioritized? What technologies / approaches or applications do you expect to gain the most traction?
This report includes stakeholder familiarity with and perspectives on 80+ emerging companies in this space, spanning pregnancy, perinatal, and other applications (e.g., endometriosis, contraceptives) across the patient care journey (e.g., screening / diagnostics, devices, prognostics, monitoring, therapeutics).
This advisory board is meant to be a qualitative, limited scope study, and the intent is to highlight the unbiased and unfiltered feedback just from the stakeholders interviewed, not provide a comprehensive market assessment. DeciBio also has a suite of comprehensive market reports (Link Here) if broader industry level insights are of interest.