DeciBio conducted 9 interviews with experts at top Academic Medical Centers (AMC) and top biopharma stakeholders to better understand their perceptions and use of real-world data (RWD) at their organizations, as well as key RWD unmet needs and vendor perceptions. Stakeholders gave nuanced views into the key use cases of RWD, key data types used, most common data products, overall spend within their organization on RWD, as well as key unmet needs on the market. Interview participants were also able to share their feedback on perceived strengths / weaknesses across >10 different RWD vendors, as well as summarize what features are seen as unique / differentiating in this competitive market.
This report is organized around the responses to 12 key study questions
- What are the key use cases of RWD within your organization today?
- How is RWD predominantly used by pharma?
- How is RWD used to support clinical decision making in routine care setting?
- How much does your organization spend on RWD and what are the priority areas?
- What type of RWD products / services does your organization leverage the most?
- What is the spend across the different RWD product types?
- What are the most important purchasing criteria for you when considering a RWD vendor / offering?
- What types of RWD (e.g., specific data types) are most important and how difficult are they to obtain?
- Which types of RWD optimize ease of access and value in your organization?
- What are the key unmet needs that you see today related to RWD?
- Who are the key vendors that you have worked with on the market?
- What is your perception of each RWD provider that you used?
- Foundation Medicine
This advisory board is meant to be a qualitative, limited scope study, and the intent is to highlight the unbiased and unfiltered feedback just from the stakeholders interviewed, not provide a comprehensive market assessment. DeciBio also has a suite of comprehensive market reports (Link Here) if broader industry level insights are of interest.
PDF deck with summarized feedback from stakeholders
Individual PDFs of call transcripts with stakeholders
This package includes both the PDF deck and transcripts, providing a comprehensive understanding of stakeholders' views. You will receive a summarized report in the form of a PDF deck, as well as the full transcript of the discussions.
Individual call transcript of a single stakeholder discussing their views. This option is ideal for those who are interested in a specific stakeholder's perspective and insights on the topic.